} a:link { color:#660000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#cc0000; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#cc0000; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #006699; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #006699; text-align: center; color:#660000; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 200% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; } #header a { color:#660000; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#660000; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic normal 78% Arial, sans-serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: italic normal 110% Georgia, Times, serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal bold 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#11593C; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #006699; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#cc0000; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#cc0000; font-weight:bold; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000000; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#11593C; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #006699; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #11593C; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #11593C; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #006699; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #006699; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #11593C; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A really nice day and Friends

Today I got to spend the afternoon with my good friend Jen. Without the kids!! We went to the What Women Want expo. We even got free eyebrow waxing. (should have taken a picture) Then we headed downtown Salt Lake to meet up with my mom and her friend Joan for dinner at the Garden (not really impressed anymore, but the deep fried pickles are still yummy.) After dinner we went to a concert at Temple Square. It was a concert of bells but Jen and I decided to go to the International Children's Choir concert with special guest Alex Boye. I love Alex and his music he really has the voice of an angel. It was really nice to spend sometime with Jen it really has been awhile since just she and I have hung out. The kids were not to happy that we left them behind because her two Laken and Mason love to play with Alli and Jaron.


The day got me thinking about friends and friendship. There are many types of friends in this life. There are new friends, Old friends, Good friends and Best friends. Then there are those friends that you only see every so often and that is OK. There are friends for life and friends for a season you know those that come into your life at a time when it was needed then are no longer around and that is OK. There are the friends that are always there for you and then there are friends that you have to always be there for. Friends that give then there are friends that take. There are childhood friends, friends you had before you were married, couple friends, neighborhood friends and church friends.There are the friends you would tell anything to and friends you would tell nothing to. Friends just to play with and friends to cry with. But even though friends may come and go in our life and even though there are friends that hurt us so bad we cry and think about if we will ever trust anyone again, it is important to me to think about what kind of friend am I? I have decided that there will be people in this life that just may not like me or people that may not understand me or as bad as this may sound people that may be jealous of me and want to hurt me because of talents that I may have like being very outgoing and able to talk to anyone. It is OK if not everyone likes me if I know that I am a good and honest friend. so I will try to remember this and be the best type of friend I can be to whatever type of friend that comes into my life. And most important is to remember that Christ is always there for me he will always be my friend even when I mess up. He is understanding may we all be understanding friends.

3 comments:

Shayna said...

Well after reading that I am glad to be able to call you a friend and I hope that you will call me one too. I would have never noticed that you were upset writing that if you hadn't told me. I guess I read it in a different light! Courtney is so excited for dinner. We dont have them until the
24th... my email address is
shayhenke@hotmail.com
Good to see you today... and I loved your testimony... thank you!

Amy said...

Jenn...I love the new look of your blog! Thanks for your post on Friendship! Everything and every kind of friend you talked about is so true! I need to be a better friend to all my friends! I really enjoyed your testimony yesterday as well! And it was so nice to run into you on Saturday and to see you at church. I've missed being there at church these past several weeks! Love you!

Anonymous said...

K first so excitied you have a blog. Why did I not know this? And second, yes we had so much fun and need to do that more often. But, why does Alex have to be married now we could have had such cute little "chocolate babies" together! You are the greatest friend ever and have helped me through so much. You are such a giver to all of your friends and now just need to learn how to allow your friends to give back to you when you need it. You will always be a lifetime friend and I love you and your sweet kids very much!!!!!