Ok so I have heard of the craziness of Black Friday shopping but please what is up with some people? I went last year for the first time with Cori and yeah it was crazy busy but nothing really crazy happened to us. We also stayed away from Walmart last year oh but not this year. Shayna, Judi and I braved the walmart scene bright and early this morning. Ok so not so bright it was 3 am and rather dark outside. We headed to the Lindon Walmart hoping to avoid the big crowd of the AF walmart. It was no so bad when we got there. We went our different ways to claim the items we wanted. I headed to the digital camera that was on sale and staked my claim. We were not allowed to even touch them until 5. So I had a good hour and a half to kill. Met some nice people, got some tabloids read and thought this is not so bad. But about 4:30 the crowd was growing in size. I still was not to worried as I was right in the front and would have no issue grabbing my camera. ( I was getting my own present but hey it was a great deal and I am without a camera) People around me started making deals with me, the guy behind me said if I grabbed him 2 cameras he would try and keep the crowd from pushing me to hard. The girl next to me offered to grab me a case if I grabbed her camera. No big deal. Well 5 hit and we heard the word "GO" then all I remember after that was some insane pushing and with in less then a minute all 200 Cameras were gone. I got mine and the people I made deals with I have no idea how I got them since I was slammed against the boxes but somehow I did it!! Yippee for me but never again!!! People are crazy and it is just stuff! I did have fun with Judi and Shayna and we very much missed Tera and Emilie who ended up not be able to go with us.
After the Walmart experience we went to breakfast at IHOP. Good times!! There was some crazy kid there that gave us all a good laugh. I think Shayna and Judi and I will never look at yawning the same way again.
Thanks girls for a fun time!
Friday, November 28, 2008
We came out alive...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
exactly the reason I do not go shopping on black friday LOL. My husband and kiddo's got up and went last year at the dreaded 4 a.m. but not me I stayed safe in my bed LOL. Glad you got your camera and made it out alive can't wait to see you next week.
I'm kinda sad I missed it...then again it sounds like it was pretty crazy. I probably would have gotten my skinny butt trampled. lol
Oh my! People are crazy! I don't go shopping on Black Friday just because of crazy people but I'm glad you were successful and I'm even more glad that you made it out alive. Bunco just wouldn't be the same without you and Shayna!
Post a Comment